Pyrotek Products attain A1 Classification & procurement by UK Ministry of Defence
Pyrotek have successfully attained product approvals to Defence Standard 07-247. The selection of materials comply on the basis of their fire characteristics, as assessed by the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), an Executive Agency of the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) for procurement management. This classification paves the way for Pyrotek acoustic and thermal solutions to supply UK designed naval ships in the future, irrespective of where they are built, via global key customers and defence prime contractors.
Pyrotek reaches this important milestone despite turbulent times in today’s global economy. This beginning success is achieved by the truly global cooperation of the European team together with Global Marine Industries Manager, Bradley Scott, and supported by the work of the global R&D team in Sydney. It enables materials to be easily specified into future vessels built to these standards, on a global scale. The success in Pyrotek products being authorised by the Submarine Delivery Agency now enables easier procurement as an approved supplier on the internal platform.
Products registered in the Navy Authority Group Materials Database are approved to be specified in Royal Navy projects around the world and are authorised for use in surface and submissible ships and a large number of Pyrotek products, including those listed below, have attained the highest rating of A1 classification, representing proven performance in fire safety and toxicity:
- Decidamp SP150 – water-based vibration damping compound
- Decidamp DC30 – two-component damping paste compound
- Decidamp SLC – self-levelling compound
- Decidamp CLD PRO – constrained layer damping
- Soundalloy MPM – constrained layer metal composite
- Quadzero dBX - high-performance flexible, mass-loaded noise barrier with aluminium glass-cloth facing
- Quadzero NL - fire-resistant, foil-faced mass-loaded vinyl noise barrier
- Sorbermel – open-cell light foam
- Sorbermel AGC – open-cell light foam with aluminium/glass cloth facing
- Sorberscreen ST – high performance perforated sound absorber with textile backing
- Decicoat T35 – thermal insulation, anti-condensation and corrosion protection
- Tape GC120 Marine – glass cloth tape designed for the marine industry
- Tape AGC – aluminium reinforced glass cloth tape
Additional materials will continue to be assessed as the Pyrotek team work on this extensive project yielding further opportunities. A comprehensive overview of Pyrotek's full portfolio for marine applications can be found on the Product Page.