Wavebar® is a high-performance, flexible mass-loaded vinyl noise barrier, offering superior acoustic transmission loss.
Wavebar was developed to meet market requirements for reducing noise in the domestic, commercial, industrial and automotive markets.
To achieve this high performance, the Pyrotek engineering team developed Wavebar to be dense, thin, highly-flexible, tear-resistant and strong. These properties give the product high transmission loss throughout the various weight ranges.
Stiff lightweight panel constructions, such as plasterboard, drywall, plywood and hollow core walls, typically have coincidence dip resonance which allows noise to transmit through a construction. The coincidence dip is dependent on the material’s stiffness and thickness and occurs at the point where the sound transmitted through the structure matches the natural frequency of the panel.
Wavebar prevents coincidence dip resonance. The dense core mass layer reflects and absorbs the transmission of sound through walls, ceilings and floors, reducing the critical frequencies generated from mechanical equipment, engine noise and electronic audio technologies such as radio and television.
Wavebar products are environmentally safe, contain no ozone-depleting substances and comply with European and Australian standards for Volatile Organic Compound emissions.
Areas of Use
• Inside cavities or over lightweight wall, ceiling and floor constructions. Ideal for home theatre rooms, office partitions, meeting rooms
• Between the plenum chamber of a floor slab, the roof and adjoining partition walls
• Acoustics doors to improve performance
• Portable acoustic curtains and screens
• Easily draped over fencing to create an acoustic barrier
• Automotive cabin application to reduce engine and road noise transmitting through a structure
• Can be laminated onto lightweight structures to damp vibration and reduce airborne noise
Product InstallationDownload MP4 video (10 MB, ZIP).
Cross TalkDownload MP4 video (6 MB, ZIP).