Subdue composite acoustic panels
Subdue's innovative engineering and material process uses a unique combination of viscoelastic cores, lamination technology and outer layer materials to produce high performing composite panels at lower weights. An improvement over conventional manufacturing techniques, these panels now maximise noise reduction (STC rating) and effectively reduce the transfer of vibration (dB/sec decay rating) throughout the structure.
Subdue® is a lightweight multi-layered panel offering exceptional acoustic properties. The outer layers of the sandwich panel are constructed from a choice of lightweight but rigid and strong high-quality materials, such as plywood, glass- reinforced plastic or metals, with a range of sound insulating materials as inner cores. Subdue was developed to meet noise reduction requirements in marine, rail, industrial and OEM markets. The panels are specially designed to optimise acoustic solutions at lower weights and are an ideal choice in weight-sensitive applications where strength and good sound insulation properties are required. The panels can be supplied in standard or custom-designed modular sizes for ease of installation, offering labour, cost and time savings.
• Marine – bulkhead, deck heads and flooring systems
• Mass transport and recreational vehicles – lightweight floors and partitions
• Architectural fit-out panels
• Used in conjunction with an isolation mount to create floating wall, floor and ceiling systems
• Lightweight cabinetry panels, tables and speaker boxes
• Fabrication of acoustic doors
• Machinery and other enclosures
• Suitable for exterior end uses
• Available in a range of lightweight marine grade plywood tested to BS1088.
• Tested to EN717-2 for Formaldehyde emission achieving results well below class E-1.
• Thin and lightweight panels offering economic performance -fuel, cost and labour efficient.
• High strength to weight ratio with superior transmission loss performance.
• Tested and proven superior damping properties to standard plywood and similar panels.
• Improved thermal conductivity compared to standard plywood.
• Bonded using water-resistant glues, Weather and Boil Proof (WBP) according to BS1088.
• Simple to saw-cut, fabricate using conventional woodworking tools.
• Quick and easy to install.
• Custom-designed parts, including curved panels for modular designs.
• Wide range of decorative finishes.